Looking after our mental health and well-being is very important and we can often do this by engaging in self-care and taking time to recharge our batteries. However, sometimes we require a bit of extra support from mental health services, and that is okay!
There are many ways in which we can contact and engage with mental health services; to find the right one, think about what it is you need right now.
Below is a list of services that are accessible in times of need:
Child and Young People Mental Health Service (CYPMHS)
- Referrals made through medical professionals
- Live chat 9am-7pm Monday-Friday (https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/camhslive)
- Phone 9am-7pm Monday-Friday 0800 170 7055
Supports individuals up to the age of 18 who are struggling with their emotional wellbeing or who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
Offers a vast number of interventions and therapies based on the needs of the child.
CYPMHS Crisis Team
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 0800 170 7055
For children and young people who are in crisis and are experiencing self-harm and/or suicidal thoughts.
The Lowdown Espresso Yourself Wellbeing Café
- Kingswell Street Building in Northampton NN1 1PP
- Open Monday and Fridays 4pm-8pm
For young people aged 11-18, and their carers, who find themselves needing support for their mental health or may be experiencing a crisis. The café also offers group and peer activities.
Urgent Care and Assessment Team (UCAT)/Crisis team
- Referrals must be done by a health care professional.
A countywide multi-disciplinary team that does rapid assessments to individuals in a mental health crisis. They offer short-term home treatment, revisiting of skills and referrals for extra and further care.
The Warren (Northampton) & The Martins (Rushden) Crisis Houses
- Referrals to be made through healthcare professionals.
The crisis houses are a safe place for adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis, who need a place to take some time, surrounded by staff to work through what the individual is going through.
The Mental Health Number – 0800 448 0828
- Lines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This number is for anyone who is wanting some mental health support. A trained member of staff will answer and give emotional support as well as help guide the individual to the right support for them.
Acute Liaison Mental Health Service (ALMHS)
- Based out of Northampton General Hospital and Kettering General Hospital
This service is for those who attend A&E for mental health difficulties or who are currently staying in hospital. A multi-disciplinary team based in A&E who assess individuals and refer to other mental health services and sectors.
Crisis Cafes: see timetable for opening times and locations https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/download.cfm?doc=docm93jijm4n8848
- The crisis cafes are a safe drop in place that adults can attend if they are in the community and feel as though they need someone to talk to, to work through what they are feeling.
- They are staffed by NHS and MIND workers and are located throughout the county.
Northamptonshire Talking Therapies
- A self-referral service that helps those who are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression
– self referrals can be made here https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/talkingtherapies#RegisterforTalkingTherapies-initial
Provides several types of therapies over the phone, video chat or face to face, once the initial assessment has been completed.
© 2023 En-Fold. All Rights Reserved.
We are registered as a charity in England and Wales (1180998)
En-Fold, 15 St Giles Street, Northampton, NN1 1JA
This website uses only strictly necessary cookies.
This type of cookie does not collect any personally identifiable information about you and does not track your browsing habits.
Disclaimer: En-Fold does not endorse treatments, interventions and therapies but lists them so people can make informed choice. This site is for information purposes only and is a starting point for readers to look into options that may fit or resonate. Remember, therapies for autism, like any condition, should be discussed with a trusted medical practitioner or certified therapist before use. All information, data and material contained, presented or provided here is for general information purposes only and is not to be construed as reflecting the knowledge or opinions of En-Fold, or as providing legal or medical advice. All treatment decisions should be made by the individual in consultation with a health care provider. Case studies provided are done so in good faith, and based on the personal experience of the individual submitting them. En-Fold are in no way endorsing the establishments that are mentioned but offering peer reviews to inform readers.